TCGV is a faith congregation of the Presbyterian Church in America (PCA)
We are members of, and accountable to, the Nashville Presbytery.
Statement of faith and purpose
TCGV is a Reformed, God-honoring, Christ-exalting, grace-centered faith community. We believe the Bible as the Word of God contained in the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments to be inspired, inerrant, and infallible, the only rule of faith and practice.
We adopt the Westminster Confession of Faith, Larger and Shorter Catechisms, along with the historic creeds i.e. The Apostles Creed, The Nicene Creed, The Heidelberg Catechism etc. as a summary of our doctrinal convictions.
We adhere to the Presbyterian form of government and the Book of Church Order (“BCO”) as informing and directing our process and practice.
TCGV exists that God’s grace, unveiled in the fullness of Jesus Christ, might reign (Rom 5:21) through the advance and extension of His Kingdom in every sphere of life (Acts 1:8).
TCGV strives to be a sanctuary of hope, healing, renewal, and belonging to our community and neighbors. (Isaiah 61)
TCGV Mission and Vision is fulfilled through the consistent rhythm of four foundational practices:
1. Teaching, Training, and Discipleship: Through the faithful preaching and teaching of God’s Word, faithful prayer, and dependence on the Holy Spirit, we strive to make disciples, rooted and grounded in love (Col 2:7), equipped for the work of ministry (Ephesians 4:12).
2. Faithful Worship and Proclamation: Our worship is distinctively Reformed in its expression which centers on two focal points of celebration: The Word and the Sacraments. (Click HERE for more info on our Philosophy of Worship).
3. Engaging Culture in the Market Place of Ideas: The world, though fallen and cursed (Gen 3), remains the grand “stage” upon which God unveils the drama of His redemption and rescue through Christ. Therefore, His church serves as the preserving and transformative agent of culture (“salt and light” Matthew 5:13-16), to advance His Kingdom and purposes in the world. We do not “wage war according to the flesh”, but with divine power tear down the strong holds, arguments, and every lofty option that is contrary to God’s truth (II Cor 10:4-5).
TCGV believes that God’s people are commanded to “love our neighbor as ourselves” (Mathew 22:32-40) and, to “seek the welfare of the city” (Jer 29:7).
4. Belonging to Community: Through our Grace Group (“GG”) ministry we strive to be intentional and strategic in the fulfillment of the New Commandment, to “love one another” (Jn 13:31-35). Our GG’s are geographically organized and meet weekly for two hours. They include three fundamental components: Prayer, Bible Study, and Fellowship. Our GG’s provide the context for growth in fellowship, friendship, and belonging.
Core Values - Shaping community ethos
1. Celebrate Sovereign Grace: By awakening to the greater wonder of sovereign, free grace, we walk more deeply in humility before God, and our neighbors.
2. Summoned to Greater Purpose: Faith is responding to the summons of God to give our lives away in love to our families, our community, and the needs of our neighbors. In selfless sacrifice we live out the freedom of greater purpose.
3. Invited to Fearless Mission: We strive to push beyond our fears of failure and the idols of comfort to risk for the Kingdoms sake.
4. Resting in Relentless Tenderness: Our passion towards obedience in life and ministry springs from the active rest and reward of faith in the finished work of Christ. We add nothing, we merit nothing, and we can diminish nothing from all that Jesus has accomplished. Through striving toward His rest we move forward to fulfill our mission.
TCGV By-laws Part I
TCGV By-laws Part 2